Point Of View
“Oh gosh, hi Logan!”
Logan sighed deeply, recognizing that perky voice anywhere. “Hey, Michelle.”
“How are you doing over there at school? Everything okay?”
Tapping his mechanical pencil impatiently on his notebook, he nevertheless humored her query. “As…well as can be expected. Was there something you wanted? I’m a little busy.”
“Well I just wanted to hear about your day… You know you really don’t call home? I think you’re working too hard. Come home on a weekend.”
Logan snorted. “I really don’t see that happening soon…”
“Why not…? We really miss you… It’s quiet here at home.”
"It won’t stay quiet if I’m there."
She sounded sincere. Logan knew this woman well enough to know that she was definitely incapable of ulterior motives—she didn’t have the mental capacity to. She was always this perky and sunny…young—and that was it. She sounded lonely. In that house, maybe she just was.
And he knew what that was like.
He sighed. “Maybe.”
“Please tell me about your day?”
How hopeful she sounded. Logan rolled his eyes but nevertheless gave in. What else did he have to do? And besides…this had to be one of the few times someone from back home genuinely cared about him to ask about his day… What visuals would make Michelle happy and end this conversation as quickly as possible…?
"Well…there’s this boy at school…"
“Ooh!" He definitely had her attention. Michelle had always known he was gay—he and his father fight enough about it—but unlike John Wright Jr., she was only too happy to love him in spite of that fact. "A boy? You finally got a boyfriend?”
Logan laughed hollowly. “I’ve had guys before, Michelle.”
“I’ve never met any…" she sounded confused.
Of course she wouldn’t. Why would he bring them home? And they never lasted long. Even Blaine didn’t last that long. Logan coughed and leaned on his elbows. “He’s not my boyfriend.” He smirked slightly, looking out at the sky outside his window. They reminded him easily of Kurt’s eyes. “Not yet, anyway. But he’ll make one hell of a boyfriend…”
“So…? Tell me about him!”
Logan laughed a little, staring out the window. “Well…he’s an amazing singer. And very talented.”
“Naturally. Just like you?”
"He’d like to think he’s better than me. He’s kind of a diva." Logan smiled as he remember the duels. When Kurt fought, he fought hard. He was practically genetically engineered to be a star.
A laugh from Michelle. “But if he’s like that, how do you get along?”
"We get along well. I guess we understand each other… and…he’s the only one who puts up with me…being the way I am." Logan smiled when he remembered that night during Winter Fest. Kurt had leaned down, and was the one who came near him when no one else did.
At the piano…Kurt didn’t have to sit there, but he did. When Medel asked, he sat with him, to sing. To help him. “He…helps me.”
“Well that’s nice…" she sounded pleased. "What else?”
"He’s very picky about his clothes."
Laughter from Michelle.
"He’s totally stubborn and headstrong. He knows who he is… Like I said he’s a bit of diva… So he’s got a lot of presence. And he calls me out on my crap." Logan laughed when he remembered how Kurt slapped him at Sectionals. That was definitely something new.
“Oh Logan…" Michelle sounded very pleased. "He sounds wonderful.”
"He is…" Logan agreed, smiling to himself. "He’d make an amazing boyfriend, really. He’s…perfect. If I didn’t have him…probably would’ve really gone off the deep end over here."
“Then I’m very glad you have him there with you…”
“Yeah, he’s perfect… Everything I looked for…”
There was a pause at the other end. Logan wondered if Michelle was even taking note.
Finally, she said, in a very careful tone, “Wait—um…Logan…? Are we…" hesitation. "…are we talking about Julian?”
Dead stop. “Excuse me?” Logan stared.
“It’s Julian, isn’t it?” she sounded confused and rather amazed. “You said—he sings like a dream, he’s talented, he’s a diva, he’s picky about the way he dresses, he’s your friend, he puts up with you, he calls you out on your crap—and if you didn’t have him you’d go crazy. It’s Julian all over the place! Isn’t it? Am I right?”
She sounded so happy for someone who was so wrong. “Oh Logan!” she trilled, “I can’t believe it! After all this time, you end up falling for one of your best friends!”
Logan was stunned speechless throughout all this. “What—what are you—no, I’m not talking about Julian! Why would I— Julian’s not—” Flustered, he burst out, “I’m talking about Kurt, I’m in love with Kurt, this boy from school!”
"We all know, you don’t have to scream it to the world."
Logan looked up to see the devil at the door. Smirking, Julian Larson was at his doorway—the friend he’d had for three years.
“I’m sorry, Logan!" Michelle said from the phone. "It’s just…if you hear it from my end, I just…it really sounds like you’re talking about Julian! I don’t even know who Kurt is!”
Logan barely heard. He stared, transfixed at the presence of his handsome friend, who dropped the smirk and raised an eyebrow. “What? Geez, take a joke.” And with that, he walked off.
All of that…did that describe Julian?
“Logan? Still there?”
—he sings like a dream, he’s talented, he’s a diva, he’s picky about the way he dresses, he’s your friend, he puts up with you, he calls you out on your crap—and if you didn’t have him you’d go crazy—
—he’s perfect. Everything I ever looked for—
"Yeah, Michelle, I…" Logan had to close his eyes, hand shaking, heart at his throat. "…I have to call you back."
He immediately hung up and threw the phone down. Still shaking, he turned to the door, where Julian had been standing just earlier.
—It’s just…if you hear it from my end, I just…it really sounds like you’re talking about Julian!—
—he’s perfect. Everything I ever looked for—
Logan sat, staring into nothing.
Just what…exactly…had he been looking for all this time…?
182 Notes/ Hide
- roseperthorns likes this
- prismacolourful likes this
- dannyabbot reblogged this from shan-at-warblerland
- randomness-appears likes this
- millielikestea likes this
- protegomypotato likes this
- centrapermanebit likes this
- princessofthelesbians reblogged this from shan-at-warblerland
- brokencheshirecat likes this
- gleekybaker likes this
- that-crazy-place-called-my-mind reblogged this from shan-at-warblerland and added:
- capslockfetishqueen likes this
- eyelinerandimpalas reblogged this from shan-at-warblerland and added:
- eyelinerandimpalas likes this
- abadgerinthebluebox likes this
- zeloskun reblogged this from shan-at-warblerland
- atticusandalice likes this
- gayhogwartsandnudeerections likes this
- deviousdormouse reblogged this from shan-at-warblerland and added:
- patogleek07 likes this
- stuartprincess likes this
- paintingthe-rosesred likes this
- ambarredstrands likes this
- onelessminuteyouhaventlived likes this
- thepaddlingloli reblogged this from shan-at-warblerland and added:
- thepaddlingloli likes this
- fashionnightmare12 likes this
- psychopersonified likes this
- pillowfortposey likes this
- i-inviktus reblogged this from shan-at-warblerland
- i-inviktus likes this
- lastandlive likes this
- vtimeisteatime likes this
- dancingthroughuni reblogged this from shan-at-warblerland
- aviiavatar likes this
- itstimetobattlemydemons reblogged this from shan-at-warblerland
- itstimetobattlemydemons likes this
- blaineisengaged reblogged this from shan-at-warblerland and added:
- blaineisengaged likes this
- foxygranger likes this
- cormacmclaggens likes this
- specificskillset likes this
- cosmicperspective likes this
- blainestache likes this
- princeabooboo likes this
- maxwellwellwell likes this
- biancabloomingdale reblogged this from shan-at-warblerland
- biancabloomingdale likes this
- thatbeme likes this
- lizziegoneastray likes this